The icon updated
Ever since the first Transporter rolled off the production line 70 years ago, it has set the benchmark. Back with a new edition, the Transporter 6.1 panel van is designed for those who get the job done. With a redesigned front end and interior, total connectivity, and more space than ever before, it’s a van you’ll soon fall in love with. Plus with Volkswagen’s latest driver assistance systems and optional 4MOTION 4WD, you can drive in total confidence.Book a Test Drive
Its name still says it all
The ‘Transporter’ and its various generations have been busy, working for tradespeople, delivery services and service providers. And during this time, it has evolved as a practical solution for transport and a bench mark for an entire vehicle class. One thing was and has always been important to this vehicle and that’s doing the best possible job for you.
Optimum use of space
Versatile for any job site
Lots of cargo. Lots of traffic. Lots of stops. The Transporter 6.1 Delivery Van helps you with everything that awaits at work and beyond: thanks to extra low loading edge, impressive load compartment height and a range of different variants.
- up to 2.5 t trailer weight
- space for up to three Euro pallets
- up to 1,940 mm load compartment height
- two wheelbases and roof height
Sophisticated loading solutions
Loaded with ideas
Anyone who spends their time on the road needs the most up to date transport solutions to keep their business moving. So, we have come up with a few ideas for you. Transport extra large, wide or valuable deliveries with as little effort as possible.
- Sliding doors
- Load compartment locking function
- Lashing eyes
Ergonomic workstation for the driver
Stay calm on stressful days
It’s your job to make sure that all the materials and your entire team get from A to B every day. That’s why the Transporter 6.1 makes sure that you’re comfortable doing so. Its ergonomic driver’s workplace, multifunctional and adjustable steering wheel, and redesigned dash panel make driving as comfortable as possible. Thanks to an all-round vision, you can keep an eye on your surroundings more easily in bustling city centres or on busy building sites. And, when parked, it simply becomes your mobile office.
- Optimised workstation for the driver: helps you to stay organised as you steer through the day.
- Loading options and interior LED lighting: keep things tidy and create the ideal working environment.
- Two-piece storage compartment: a practical space for all the documents and equipment that you need close at hand.
- Double storage areas in the doors: provide plenty of space for documents, equipment and provisions.
Always there for you
Be prepared for almost anything with the safety systems in the Transporter 6.1. The driving systems can safely intervene, helping to reduce the risk of accidents on the road.Book a Test Drive
As part of the Electronic Stabilisation System (ESP), this applies the brakes if the vehicle encounters a strong crosswind. Standard across the T6.1 range, this feature is activated automatically when travelling above km/h.
Available as standard, Lane Assist countersteers the vehicle if the driver unintentionally drifts from a lane. The system also emits audible and visual warnings via the multi-function display to alert the driver of danger.
This standard feature aids positioning into parking spaces. When reverse gear is engaged, the vehicle automatically assumes control of the steering. All the driver has to do is operate the clutch, accelerator and brake.
Available as standard, Side Protection alerts you with visual and audible warnings if you're getting too close to other vehicles, pillars, walls or pedestrians.
Adaptive Cruise Control
The standard Adaptive Cruise Control ACC automatically adapts your speed to that of the vehicle driving in front and maintains the distance set by the drive - remaining within the set speed.
More comfort more connectivity
The Transporter 6.1 makes your journey as comfortable as possible with intelligent mobile online services and next-generation infotainment systems. The new infotainment systems are fully touchscreen and feature redesigned graphics.Book a Test Drive
Discover Media Pro
Discover Media Pro
Make the most of the Discover Media's large touchscreen and connectivity to stay informed on the road. The 2D/2.5D navigation comes with maps displaying a range of useful information such as points of interest and speed limits. To help you avoid congestion, this system even offers you three routes – fast, short and eco-friendly – using live traffic updates.
- 9.2" colour touchscreen with proximity sensor
- Two USB type C ports
Multi-function leather steering wheel
As well as offering grip and comfort for hours at the wheel, the multi-function leather steering wheel gives you fingertip control of functions including the radio and cruise control.
Composition Colour radio system
The Composition Colour system is your gateway to digital radio and total smartphone integration. This system comes with:
- 6.5" colour touchscreen
- DAB+ radio
- Two USB type C ports
- App Connect featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Mobile online services with Volkswagen We Connect, thanks to an integrated SIM
Disclaimer by Volkswagen
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. A Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
- 3. Weekly finance price is subject to change due to interest rates*. Please see the full terms and conditions for Volkswagen Finance for more information. www.volkswagen.co.nz/finance
- 4. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 5. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 6. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 7. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 8. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 9. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 10. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather